When using Tail it products, personal data will be processed about both the person who has set the service up for use and the user of the product. Below you will find information about personal data that is being collected and how your personal data is processed, as well as your rights related to the processing of the personal data.
The person responsible for the personal data above is Tail it technologies AS (organization number 817 870 902). Tail it’s contact information is available at www.tailit.local. Tail it can be contacted for any question you may have about processing of personal data.
When using “we”, “our” or “us” below, it is being referred to Tail it technologies AS.
The purpose, as well as the basis, to process personal data about you and the person using the product is to provide the services related to the product, cf. GDPR Article 6, paragraph 1, point b. Processing of personal data which are not directly required to provide the services related to the product, will be based on other legal basis for treatment. For example, your explicit consent, cf. GDPR Article 6, paragraph 1, point a. This will be described in more detail below.
Since the product can be used by children, it is important that the person who makes the product available to the child explains to the child that the product will show where the child is. The child should be aware of what it means to use the product, and that the use of the product entails transferring information about where the child is in the application and the webpages where the services from Tail it is available. At the same time, it is important that you explain that the product is not a replacement for adults to watch the children and the product may not show where the child is at all times, the product does not always show exactly where the child is.
A. Information you give to us when you buy or register a product
When you buy or register a product, it collects information that is necessary to identify only you as a user and to send you updates, operating messages and any invoices. This is:
- Phone number for you who registers or activates a SIM card
- IMEI number of the product you wish to register or activate.
- Personal identification number of the owner of the product
- The mailing address of you who owns the product
- Email-address of you who owns the product
B. Information you choose to give us when using the product
When using the products and services of Tail it, information about the person using the associated product is being collected as well as information about who is responsible for the use of the product, often parents of the user.
Prior to the services being used, it is necessary to collect information that is necessary to use the service. This is:
- Telephone number of the person who registers the information that Tail it can contact you on.
- Password, which you choose
In order to make the services more user-friendly, you agree that any additional information may also be collected.
- Profile image for both you and the user of the product
- Name or identifying information about the user of the product.
- Location of places you choose to enter and names that identify these places
- Link to Facebook for importing friends list, profile picture and personal description that you have entered on your profile.
- Link to your contact list to import the contact list to find friends
This is information that you submit yourself to make the service more functional and user-friendly to you as a user and which you choose yourself if you want to enter it into the service/release. You will still be able to use the service if you choose not to enter this information.
When you contact customer service or communicate with us in other ways, we collect the information related to the contact so that we can follow up the contact later on. This will be the following information:
- Your name
- Your address, this to save time in case we need to send you something
- Your email address and other information you provide before or during the call with customer service.
The collection and use of this information is necessary to provide the services associated with the product.
C. Information we receive when you use our services
When you use the services associated with the Tail it product, we collect information that will enable you to use the services. This will be:
In order to make the service more customized for your use and to provide you with historical information, you can choose to consent to the registration of the following information about your activity through our services:
- What services you and/or the person using the product have used
- How you have used the services
- Location data about you and/or your product in our system
- Photos, chats, friends, contacts and places you have added and visit
Given that you agree to this registration, the information will not be transferred or shared with third parties or other outsiders. You will still be able to use the service even if you choose not to register the information mentioned above.
We collect information from and about the devices you use to provide the services associated with the product. We collect:
- Hardware and software information about the product used, such as device model, operating system, device memory, unique application identifiers, unique device identifiers, type of browser, language, battery level and time zone
- Information about device sensors, such as accelerometers, gyroscopes, compasses and microphones; and
- Information about wireless and mobile network connections, such as mobile phone number, service provider and signal strength.
When you use our services, we may collect information about your location, including information about precise location using methods that include GPS, wireless networks, mobile towers, Wi-Fi access points and other sensors, such as gyroscopes, accelerometers and compasses, in order to provide the services to you and to optimize the services. The information that is then collected is as follows:
- Time of the location
The collection and use of this information is necessary to provide the services associated with the product.
Like several other online services and mobile applications, cookies are used to collect information about Activity, Browser, and Device. We do not store any identifiable information via Cookies, and information about the user cannot be traced by Tail it via cookies.
Most browsers are set to accept cookies automatically. If you prefer, you can usually remove or reject cookies through the settings on your browser or device. Remember however, if you remove or reject cookies, it may affect the availability and functionality of our services.
We also collect log information when using our webpages. Collection and use of this information is necessary to provide the services related to the product, especially to safeguard the security and possibly uncover errors in the software.
This information includes among others:
- Details of how you used our services.
- Device information, such as browser type and language.
- Access times
- Pages you’ve viewed
- IP address
- Cookie identifiers
We can also store some information locally on your device. For example, we can save information like cache so you can open the app and access content faster.
How we use information
The information is used to make the services available to you. The information is also used to maintain and secure the services.
The information collected is used among other things to:
- Send you information, including via e-mail. For example, we can use email to respond to your inquiries to customer service or to send you general information about products or services which are similar to the service you have already purchased from us. If you do not want to receive such information, please let us know via the email you receive from us.
- Verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity. When you buy a product, your personal number will be verified by an authorized third party in case of purchase through invoices, and Visa cards will be verified if trading with cards.
We do not share or transfer your personal information with others without your consent to this.
How long we keep your content – deletion
Personal data collected as described above will be processed as long as there is a basis and purpose to process personal information. A purpose for processing personal information will be present as long as you use the services. If you do not use the services for a period of 12 months, your personal information will be deleted automatically. You must then register again in order to use the services.
You can either delete the personal information through the application or web pages, or by contacting customer service. If you delete personal information that is required for the services, this may cause you to no longer be able to use the services.
If we process your personal information exclusively on the basis of your consent, we will delete this information if you withdraw your consent.
Control over your information
In order for you to check your personal information, you will have access to the following tools:
Access to personal information (insight) and updates
You will have access to the main parts of personal data processed about you or the user of the clock in the application or on the website, where you can also update/correct the information. Information which not is available there, can be accessed by contacting customer service. However, we want to be sure that we provide access to personal data to you and no one else who claims to be you and therefore ask you to verify your identity or provide additional information before we allow you to access or update personal information.
Change of information provided
If you change your mind about our ongoing ability to collect data from certain sources which you have already accepted, like from contact lists or location services, you can simply change the settings on your device, if these options are available on the device from which the information is being collected. If you do this, of course, some services will lose full functionality. If these options are not available on the device, please contact customer service.
If you, for any reason, wish to delete your account, this may be done on the website or on the app. Then all your data will be deleted. If you are unable to delete your account, please contact customer service and request deletion.
Use of Data Processors
Data Processors are others, especially other companies, that we use to process personal information. We uses the following data processors related to the service:
- Amazon Web Services server in Ireland
- Zendesk in the United States
- United Perfectum in Israel
- Billing and payment with Svea Finans AS
If you have received this information by any means other than our website, then it may be that the information could be updated. Therefore, visit our website at www.tailit.local to make sure you have Received updated information about processing of personal data.
We may need to change the information about processing personal information from time to time, including as a result of changes in features of the product or our services, or if there are changes in the regulatory framework for processing of personal data. If this information is changed, we will notify you if we have your contact information. Otherwise, updated information will always be found on our website, see above.